Narcotics & Cannabis Test Kits
Narcotics & Cannabis Test Kits address the increasing numbers of suspicious Drugs of Abuse shipments encountered at entry points, clandestine laboratory manufacture, illegal use, and negative social impact with a rapid, simple, and reliable technology designed for presumptive identification of Drugs of Abuse by first responders and front line personnel. These test kits:
- Accurately identify multiple Drugs of Abuse
- Reduce manual handling, with no exposure to hazardous chemicals or other dangerous materials
- Kits have a minimum shelf life of 18 months
Narcotics test Kits
- The Narcotics Test Kit (NTK) is a single-use, simple to use spot test. The NTK is provided as a paper strip with dry reagent test zones applied to the strip surface. A cotton swab is also provided for suspect residue transfer to the paper strip test zone for analysis. There are no bulky and hazardous liquid reagent dropper bottles, or breakable ampules or pressurized spray cans. The old industry standard of complicated, multi-step test sequences has been replaced, with complete suspect residue analysis achieved in one single step in less than 20 seconds.
Three NTK tests are available, capable of detecting:
- Some Cathinones
The NTK test strip and sample transfer swab are provided in light, air and waterproof sealed packets, which can be stored in a wallet, top pocket or glove compartment ready for use. A test kit carry case is available separately.
- The NTK test provide a result in less than 20 seconds
- Portability – Each NTK weighs only 0.02 grams and fits in a shirt pocket or wallet.
- Kits contain no glass vials or hazardous or corrosive liquids.
- No power requirements
- A minimum shelf life of 18 months
Marijuana/Cannabis Test Kit
The Cannabis Test Kit (CTK) is similar to the NTK in that it is a single-use, simple to use spot test. The CTK is provided as a paper strip with dry reagent test zones applied to the strip surface. A cotton swab is also provided for suspect residue transfer to the paper strip test zone for analysis. Positive indication is rapid, if not instant, taking less than 2 seconds. If no positive colour indication has been observed after 10 seconds, the suspect residue is unlikely to contain detectable cannabis material. The CTK test is capable of detecting:
- All active cannabis plant residue (e.g., leaves, stems, fruiting bodies)
- Cannabis extracts (oils, resins, and plant extract)
- Cannabis extracts within consumables, including confectionery and food products (edibles)
- Compounds including, but not limited to, cannabidiol, cannabichromene, THC, and cannabinoid
A test kit carry case is available separately.