Liquid Explosive Test Kit
The Liquid Explosive Test Kit (LETK) is a colorimetric-based test kit for detecting liquid explosive residues found in liquids, aerosols, gels and creams. The LETK is a cost effective, rapid and reliable technology designed for presumptive identification of concealable liquid threat materials.
The Liquid Explosive Test Kit simply contains one sterile swab stick and one test card – no messing with glass vials, multiple tests or hazardous or corrosive liquids. Each test strip contains tests for pH, volatile organic compounds, nitrogen compounds, and peroxides. No other device detects such a wide variety of materials at low cost in a single test.
The LETK is capable of detecting precursors of clandestine explosive manufacture such as materials used in improvised liquid explosive mixtures Tri-Acetone Tri-Peroxide (TATP), Hexa Methylene Triperoxide Diamine (HMTD), and Methyl Ethyl Ketone Peroxides (MEKP).
The LETK meets the ECAC performance requirements of Standard 2 for equipment for the screening of Liquids, Aerosols, and Gels (Type A operations), and both the LETK and DETK have been endorsed by the USA Government National Forensic Scientific Technology Center.
- The LETK is the only kit of its type to identify multiple hazardous fluids in one simple test including: All liquid precursors for TATP and HMTD Synthesis Nitromethane, Hydrazine, Nitro-glycerine, Fuels, and Precursor solvents
- Detects strong acids / bases – such as sulphuric acid / nitric acid
- Rapid results
- Portability – Each LETK weighs only 0.02 grams and fits in a shirt pocket or wallet. A test kit carry case is available separately
- Kits contain no glass vials or hazardous or corrosive liquids
- No power requirements
- Shelf life of up to 2 years
The Liquid Explosive Test Kit (LETK) is being used today in over 350 international airports. The kits detect liquid explosive chemicals instantly, accurately, and affordably and are ideal for civil aviation, military, police, customs, and any other security or safety applications.