The Biothreat Detection IMASS™ device provides a crucial advance in rapid testing, particularly for ‘white powder’ incidents. The device is used to directly sample powders, surfaces or liquids using an integrated sponge, transferring sample to eight immunoassay strips simultaneously, giving results for eight biothreat agents in 15 minutes. Its robust design (licensed from the UK Secretary of State for Defence) means that the IMASS™ device is straightforward to run and to read, even while wearing full individual protective equipment.
The IMASS™ device contains coded test strips to detect up to 8 biothreat agents which are among those noted by the US CDC as being the highest risk if utilised in a terrorist attack. These are: Bacillus anthracis, Ricin, Francisella tularensis, Yersinia pestis, Burkholderia mallei, Brucella spp., Botulinum Toxin A and B, and Saphylococcal Enterotoxin B. The test strips are coded to easily identify targets.
- Detects Anthrax and other Bacteria
- Detects Ricin and other toxins
- Results in 15 minutes
- Easy to use in full individual protective equipment
- Can sample surfaces, powders or liquids
- No power requirements
- No additional Collection/Dilution kits or readers are required
- Available as 2 pack or 10 pack